Sunday, August 22, 2010

Welcome to Olde Lafayette Village Members Blog

I have set up this blog so we can all share ideas for making our businesses grow.  We can all share ideas here for advertising, events and any ideas to draw crowds to our stores.  Please join and post any and all thoughts.
Thanks
Marty (Carey Lane Accents)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marty. Wow, I'm impressed you got this blog up quick. I just wanted to thank you and Barbara for taking this job on for me while I get EH thru this transition. I'll post again this evening. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this will turn into a working tool we all use. I guess Barbara is getting the word out already. Please let me know any ideas to better the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Marty & Barbara - looking forward to blogging. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please notice that to the right is a heading called "Pages". I thought we can keep some organization to our ideas this way. Post any ideas for pages to be added.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, It might be too late to do anything in September, but what do you guys think about Oct? How about a harvest festival to correspond with the farmers market or a carved pumpkin contest for Halloween? When we lived upstate I had taken the kids to such a contest one year. We brought our already carved pumpkins to the assigned site where all the entries were lined up and then lit. It was just after dark and it was a sight. There were different categories with lots of prizes to win from the local stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea, Maria! Don & I would be willing to work on any "special effects" for a Halloween related event (it's Santa's second favorite Holiday)and we have props and displays stashed at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Una Lee! The events thru the end of the year are Sept 25th Harvest Moon Festival (Vendor Finders), October 2nd & 3rd Garlic Festival (Vendor Finders) and the Tree Lighting Nov. 26th. Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, so why don't we have a halloween weekend here at the Village and put all these good ideas into action? Also, how about Nov 13th and or 14th for the Wine and Cheese Tasting? I feel like we have to move on this guys. It's late to even be thinking about it with all the work that is going to need to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what are the suggestions to get started on the Halloween event?

    ReplyDelete